Hapoel FAQs

Hapoel Soccer
admin
Site Admin

Hapoel FAQs

Post by admin »

Q: We are planning to sign both our boys, Avraham and Yitzchok, up for next session (soccersize and 5-6 year old league) and were wondering if you know whether they will both be playing in the same field (for carpool purposes).

A: We’ll have two fields next season: one in Rockville and one, most likely, in Silver Spring. First, like years past, we’ll be organizing the teams by age/school, skill level, and home town to facilitate friends playing together, fair teams, and convenient carpooling. With this said, with two fields, there will be more emphasis on the former and latter criteria. With this said, for better or for worse, the individual teams will most likely be more hometown-centric (e.g. Potomac, Kemp Mill, White Oak, etc.) than years past. We are trying very hard to be accommodating to the parents with relation to carpooling.

So, bottom-line, the plan is when Avraham has a game in Rockville, all the K-1 Boys will have a game in Rockville. This should help very much with carpooling. Quite frankly, with the logistics of having all age group games at the same time at the same field, I think carpooling will be relatively simple. On some Sundays, what may be tricky is one parent being able to watch all their children play. I’m going to try my best to have siblings have “home-and-away games” at the same time but… I’m confident scheduling will, at points during the season, be an imperfect science. With this said, we’re aware of this potential issue and are going to try to minimize these conflicts for the parents/players as much as possible. I hope this helps to clarify what the season will look like with our upcoming two-field season.
Know Idea