hapoel for adults?

Hapoel Soccer
kevinbabitz

hapoel for adults?

Post by kevinbabitz »

I'm new to Hapoel, so maybe this has been addressed before, but has there ever been an attempt to create an adult league for the community? I think that could be fun.

admin
Site Admin

Re: hapoel for adults?

Post by admin »

kevinbabitz wrote:I'm new to Hapoel, so maybe this has been addressed before, but has there ever been an attempt to create an adult league for the community? I think that could be fun.
For sure we'll have one "formal" adult game: the All-Mensch Game. This is played the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Last year's All-Mensch Game had three teams (Kemp Mill, Potomac, and White Oak) and a round-robin tournament for the men and a regular game with two teams for the women. My guess is that this season we'll have something similar. So, at the least, that's one adult game. If history is any indicator, there will probably be some games after the season ends. For the past two-three seasons, the men have played sporadically and the women have coordinated some games. As a heads-up, in both cases, as soon as it gets cold and wet, attendance shrivels pretty quickly.

Last season during the All-Mensch game we discussed having a parent's league, but... It's not simple to coordinate. Especially with two fields. With this said, like most everything else, I'm sure it's do-able. We have the field space including field space for some night games. Kevin, I could post a poll and see if and when people would want to play. Couldn't hurt, right?
Know Idea

kevinbabitz

Post by kevinbabitz »

Thanks, Matt. Let's see what people think.

SarahFWallach

Post by SarahFWallach »

I'd be interested in playing on Sunday. Michael Wallach